Lhasa Holy Tour 4 days
- Day 1: Lhasa arrival. Pick up and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 2: Lhasa sightseeing. Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery.
- Day 3: Lhasa sightseeing. Potala Palace, Norbu Lingka (Summer Palace).
- Day 4: Leave Tibet.
Day 1: Lhasa arrival [3650m]
Upon arrival in Lhasa you will be welcomed by your English-speaking Tibetan Guide and Tibetan Driver who will bring you to your hotel. Acclimatization to high altitude: please, drink lots of water and take plenty of rest in order to minimize altitude sickness.
Overnight at House of Shambhala which is a located center of Lhasa city and Tibetan style hotel.
Day 2: Lhasa sightseeing
We begin visiting Jokhang Temple, the most sacred monastery in Tibet. It was founded in the 7th century by the first great Buddhist king Songtsen Gampo. Later you can explore the surrounding Barkhor old quarter and spend time walking around Jokhang Temple following pilgrims from all over the Tibetan plateau. In the afternoon we go to Sera Monastery, one of three great universities of Gelugpa Sect. We will attend the debating session of the monks. Overnight at house of Shambhala which is a located center of Lhasa city and Tibetan style hotel.
Day 3: Lhasa sightseeing
Today we visit the beautiful Potala and Norbulingka Palaces. Potala winter palace was built in the 17th century by the fifth Dalai Lama. Provides amazing views of the entire city and houses the private quarters of the Dalai Lama, numerous grand state rooms and chapels. Norbulingka Palace is the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, built in the 18th century by the seventh Dalai Lama. It’s tradition to do picnic in its beatiful garden and perform opera dances during Shoton Festival (August-September).
Overnight at House of Shambhala Hotel
Day 4:Tibet departure
Enjoy your last hours in Tibet exploring Lhasa by your own until your guide and driver meet you at the hotel to transfer you to the airport.
- All necessary travel permits in Tibet.
- All entrance fees as described in the itinerary above.
- Experienced Tibetan guide in Tibet (English language).
- Transportation afor the whole trip.
- Vehicle fuel, tools and vehicle repairs (if necessary).
- Driver and guide’s food accommodation.
- Accommodation in twin room basis. We will arrange for you as we mentioned the itinerary with breakfasts.
- China VISA fee
- Plane or train tickets in or out of Tibet.
- Meals and drinks except for breakfast. our guide who will recommend for you local Tibet restaurant food cost is about 50-100Yuan per person for each time.
- Personal expenses
- Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, snowfall…)
- Tips to guides and driver, but this totally depend on you.
650 US Dollar per person. Group size: Min 4 people / Max 12 people. Discounted price of 500 USD per person from November 1st to April 20th.
– Single room occupancy supplement (Lhasa): 230USD.
When group members arrive or leave separately, then extra fee applies per journey:
Airport transfer: 300 Yuan. Train station transfer: 150 Yuan.